Download these instructions as a Adobe pdf file
- Applicants must be a professional or supporting member in good standing.
- Domestic (within USA) applicant awards will be up to $250 each.
- International (outside USA) applicant awards will be up to $500 each.
- Applications will be accepted and funds awarded for attendance to Rhino Keeper Workshops only.
- Scholarship Committee will review all applications and vote on scholarships to be awarded.
- Scholarship Committee will notify applicants if they will, or will not, be awarded a scholarship by March 1st.
Scholarship application deadline:
- Application must be submitted by February 1st.
- Application should be sent to the International Rhino Keeper Association Scholarship Committee Chairperson.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
Scholarship categories and awards:
- Previous Rhino Keeper Workshop attendees.
- No prior Rhino Keeper Workshop attendance.
- Domestic and International.
- Scholarship awards per institution may be limited at Scholarship Committee’s discretion due to financial constraints.
The scholarship form can be either acquired from the International Rhino Keeper Association Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Dorothy Forman (email@example.com), or downloaded from International Rhino Keeper Association website at http://www.rhinokeeperassociation.org.
Applications need to be filled out completely and should include, but not limited to:
- International Rhino Keeper Association membership status, length of membership and involvement within the organization
- Current job duties and responsibilities
- Involvement in rhino husbandry, management and conservation efforts
- Career goals
Upon being awarded a scholarship, the following rules and schedule must be adhered to:
- Your name is the account identifier whenever transactions with International Rhino Keeper Association Scholarship Committee are made.
- You will be responsible for contacting International Rhino Keeper Association Scholarship Committee within twenty-one (21) days of notification to confirm your award.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to share information and/or knowledge gained at Rhino Keeper Workshop with their respective institution(s) and colleagues.
- If unavoidable circumstances prohibit you from attending the RKW, scholarship funds previously allocated to you for this purpose will remain in the IRKA treasury.
- All scholarships will be distributed at the Rhino Keeper Workshop unless other arrangements had been made with Treasurer.
- Documentation of expenditures (from scholarship allocation) will be required within fourteen (14) days of workshop and should be forwarded to:
Vickie Steele, IRKA Treasurer
c/o White Oak Plantation, Wildlife Dept.
581705 White Oak Road
Yulee, FL 32097
All scholarship submissions and/or questions should be directed to the
International Rhino Keeper Association Scholarship Committee Chairperson.
Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Gardens
2101 NE 50th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Telephone number: (405) 424-3344 extension 654